Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Murphy's law

So, I worked Friday night.  A nice long twelve hour shift where I watched someone else sleep.  That was all fine and dandy thanks to the ever popular but very bad for me caffeine drink! It was the next morning when I tried to sneak into my home and catch a few zzzz's.  I slowly opened the door praying that it didn't creak or groan to loud.  That my hyper dog didn't bounce and bark all over waking my son! I shouldn't even have worried, because my precious was sleeping on the couch.  He lifted his tow head up giving me a sleepy smile.  One that filled my heart with equal parts of joy and dread! I looked at him firmly stating it wasn't time to get up! Right, that was effective! I agreed to let him come snuggle with me which really translates into letting him play on my cell phone while I try to sleep. So, I plopped down in bed covering my body with blankets and waited for oblivion to claim me.  Then I hear, "Mama wake time."  Where as I groaned, No and tried to close my eyes again.  A warm little hand reaches out to stroke my chin.  That made me crack an eyelid open, what the Devil was my child insinuating? I am not the bearded lady!  Again I tell him it's sleep time while I pray that my boyfriend will come get him.  That doesn't work.  Two hours rolled on continuing in that manner.  The dog decided to join in with a few well rehearsed howls. I ended up chasing her around the bedroom.  She decided to hide under the bed for awhile, till I wasn't a deranged mad woman.  Finally, my boyfriend wakes! Did he immediately come get the baby? Why no, he decided to flip on the television and watch it for awhile. Finally I had to tell the minion to go play with daddy.  He wasn't happy but he went.  I burrowed under the blankets willing myself to go to sleep! Next thing I know the neighbor is knocking on the door with cup in hand wanting to borrow some coffee.  Great we get that taken care of and send her back home.  Then  my boyfriend comes traipsing   through the house putting incense out to cover the stench of cigarette smoke. Funny because he was a smoker and is now vaping! What-ever I roll my eyes. Once again I close my eyes..A loud insane noise fills my ears,the fire alarm sounds just in the room I was in!..The damn thing had never gone off before!  Par for the course.  I close my eyes trying to settle my mind back down after the fire alarm is properly chastised and laying silently on the floor.  My eyes pop wide open, I have officially reached the too tired to sleep point, and my stomach is saying it's hungry.  The debate rages on do I try to ignore the hunger pains and sleep or get up and find a snack?  Yup, a snack it was. I looked at the clock seeing that it was eleven o'clock in the morning.  I shake my head sadly, before heading back to bed, what I consider to be useless!  Thankfully, I manage to fall a sleep this time! Till my internal clock wakes me up a mere two hours later.. Life it's a humdinger!

No comments:

Post a Comment