Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The heir of air

My life was always one where I lived in a gilded cage.  My family gave me everything I wanted with in reason, if I did as they asked.  Which wasn't really anything to drastic, my granny just wanted me at home twenty-four hours a day.  When I was twenty-five I had to ask permission to drive my car to work.  This prompted me to move out around the same time I graduated nursing school.  My first apartment was nice, but it wasn't home!  So, I realized I liked my gilded cage just fine!  Still I moved to Florida and worked as an agency nurse in Orlando.  A learning experience for sure!  What I didn't realize was how much my cousin's resented me!  They hated the fact that my grandparents bought me a car, gave me money, sent me to school (with the help of financial aid).  The catch to this was my grandparents raised me, stepping up when my parents couldn't.  I was always underfoot!  Plus I was my grandfather's only grandchild.  The other grandchildren were from my grandmother's first marriage when she was sixteen.  I loved my cousins, I thought they were the coolest thing since sliced bread.  It broke my heart when they said they were going to come get me and never showed up! Still in my naivety I thought they loved me.  Years later I now know some people aren't capable of love, especially when greed steps in.  They coveted all that I had right down to the rag-doll my paternal grandmother made me!  Sadly they managed to get it!  Six years later I'm still hurt, by the betrayal.  I miss my things as well. The photos of friends and family, my baby photos, my high school and college diploma.  They took my grandmother away from me with legal tactics and feuds..I sucked up my fear and went and saw her in the nursing home over the summer! I'm glad because she died on my 36th birthday..I went to the funeral prepared to let everything go..Six years was long enough to fight and argue..I told  THEM that as far as I was concerned it was over! Done..Fake kisses and hugs galore..I gave them my number just on the off chance I could get my photos back or I needed to sign paperwork..I am the heir...The heir of air..I had my son with me his little face leaned into my hip, something I viewed as my blessing for all that I had endured! Don't you know the heifer called two days later trying to insinuate that if I didn't get out of town that I would be put in Jail! For the love of God, Really?  I was returning to Florida the next day..Did she fall off the stupid tree?Now I'm left with a foul taste in my mouth.  The one thing I was trying to do was move on but it's the one thing, in the season of forgiveness, I can't seem to do! Kentuckians do like to Feud, we just can't seem to help our selves! Maybe, it's the mix of Scott/Irish and Native American heritage..Who knows..All I know is blood isn't thicker than water!  My charitable feelings and good nature is gone towards them, may they reap what they have sown! Anytime Karma..Anytime..

No comments:

Post a Comment