Monday, January 11, 2016

silence

When I was younger I wanted my television loud, my music loud, everything loud.  I wanted the world to know what I listened to!  That was obvious from the number of times you could hear me approaching from down the road with something akin to Rob Zombie blaring from my little red car.  Now in moments of nostalgia I will turn up one of those songs and be transported back to my early twenties or worse the teenage years.  How funny that what I considered to be one of the worst times in my life, now doesn't seem so bad!  All those bullies that pushed me around for being different don't seem nearly as bad as I once thought they were.  The random football player who thought it was okay to shove me into a wall during gym seems mild in comparison to the Alzheimer's patient I've wrestled.  How funny it seems to me that now my favorite sound is a lack of..I enjoy the silence...I've learned to go all day with-out once turning on the TV content to sit in my bubble of peace. To let the chaos of the world and life fade into the background for another much noisier day..Is it because I'm getting older or because I am growing into my true introverted personality? I really don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment